Invitation to Quote
Employer: Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (Solomon Power)
Contract No. and Title: Honiara LV Network Extensions
Deadline for Submission of Bids: Friday 29th October, 2021.
Issued on: Friday 15th October, 2021
- The Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power (“the Employer”) invites sealed Quote Form from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of Honiara LV Network Extensions (“the Works”).
- Eligible Bidders should have experience in the construction of at least one contract of the nature and complexity equivalent to the Works described in this Invitation, during the last three years and should provide evidence of financial resources to successfully complete the Works.
- A complete set of Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents in English will be provided to interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below.
- A Pre-Bid meeting will take place on Tuesday 19th October, 2021 at 10am (Honiara Time) at the Solomon Power, Ranadi office, 1st Floor, Training Room, Honiara.
- Sealed quotations must be submitted to the address below before 10:00 a.m. Honiara Time, Friday 29th October, 2021. Late quotations may be rejected.
Solomon Power Tender Box
Ground Floor, Solomon Power Head Office,
- Bid submission should be address to:
Mr. Jeremy Maneipuri, General Manager Capital Works (Acting)
Solomon Power, P.O. Box 6,
1st Floor, Solomon Power, Ranadi Head Office
City: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Telephone number: +677 42463
Fax number: +677 39472
Email: CW.Procurement@solomonpower.com.sb or Jeremy.Maneipuri@solomonpower.com.sb
Web Page: www.solomonpower.com.sb
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: Solomon Islands
Project ID: SP-BL-EU-
Project Name: Buala Electrical Upgrade Project
1. Background and sector context:
Buala Station is one of SP’s growing station currently with a peak load of 126kW and projected to grow by 6% to 226 kW by year 2030.Also due to the growth of customers ranging distance of up to 8 km from the station, the need for a new operating voltage level to transfer power within the acceptable voltage range is required.
SP therefore would like to upgrade its power station at Buala to obtain following output.
The outcome of this design is essentially to provide Buala station with the capability to:
i. Distribute via two 11kV feeders at N-1
ii. Ability to automatically operate multiple generators (hydro/diesel) synchronously
2. Objective of the study and deliverables for this assignment
This study is therefore to perform detailed design, procurement support, and construction supervision for the electrical upgrade of Buala Station from current 0.415kV to 11kV including the following:1. Develop concept design on the upgrade and footprints required for SP approval
Based on attached high level concept, produce a concept design for the Buala 11kV upgrade inclusive of from the Generators up to 11kV side of proposed RMU.
1. Develop final detailed design documents upgrade and footprints required for SP approval
2. Upon approval by SP of the concept design, produce detailed design drawings and documentation inclusive of Earthing Study, insulation studies for cable sizing, primary equipment sizing and specifications, secondary equipment sizing and specifications, protection study etc.
Detailed design to include but not limited to:
– Earthing study & design
– Protection/grading study
– Lighting protection design
– Construction specification
Develop design documents for the construction component
Based on the detailed design, produce Issue for Construction documents for construction component.
4. Procurement support
Based on specified equipment, support SP in procuring materials required for 11kV upgrade and associated works.
5. Provide construction technical support
Provide technical support to SP during installations, testing, pre-commissioning, and commissioning
6. Documentation support
Provide documentation support to SP with ITP’s, test sheets/templates, training, operational plans, pre-commissioning and commissioning plans, closeout reports and other relevant reports required, As-Built drawings, plus other relevant documentations
7. Capacity Building
Provide an Operation and maintenance training program to SP on the management of all the assets installed onsite
The scope of works will cover the following equipment:
Table 3: List of Equipment (General) in this scope
|Item no.||Item Name||Quantity||Unit||Descriptions|
|1||Ring Main Unit||1||Each||5 – Way inclusive of bus-tie, Outdoor rated, bottom entry & SCADA panel|
|2||Step-Up Transformers||2||Each||200/300 kVA, 11/0.415 kV, YNd11, Outdoor rated|
|3||LV Board||1||Set||Capacity with minimum 4 incomers from generation side and two outgoing circuits into step-up Transformer plus station supply circuit|
|4||0.415kV & communications Cabling and associated termination kits||1||Set||From existing hydro generator to proposed LV Board|
|5||0.415kV & communications Cabling and associated termination kits||1||Set||From proposed Kohler generators to proposed LV Board|
|6||0.415kV & communications Cabling and associated termination kits||1||Set||From LV Board to proposed step up Transformers’ 0.415kV terminals|
|7||11kV & communications Cabling with associated termination kits||1||Set||From proposed step Up transformers 11kV terminals to Ring Main units|
|8||11kV & communications Cabling with associated termination kits||1||Set||From proposed Ring Main unit to first termination 11kV distribution pole|
|9||Civil works||1||Lot||For cable trenching & associated pads for Transformers and Ring Main Unit|
The Consultancy assignment may run for a period of Seven (7) months (both for design works and Construction site supervision) or as agreed upon and is proposed to start in November 2021.
4. Competence and Qualification
The SIEA now invites eligible consulting firms or Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Consultant’s team must be familiar with international best practices in power utility management, power system operation and planning, Design in; Earthing study & design, Protection/grading study, Lighting protection design, and Construction specification. The Consultant’s team must have experience in using DIgSILENT modelling and CDEGS for the related electrical designs.
The Consultant must have extensive international experience in: 0.415/11kV Power System.
The following key positions are an indication only and it is the final responsibility of the Firm to propose a team highly qualified and suited to achieve the objectives of this consultancy:
– Electrical engineer with minimum 5 years’ minimum industry experience in primary and secondary substation design
– Protection/Automation engineer with minimum 5 years’ industry experience
– Design/Commissioning engineer with minimum 5 years’ industry experience in the described nature of works
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to the Annex F of the Solomon Power Tendering and Evaluation Policy and Procedures Manual.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the (Consultant Qualification Selection) CQS method set out in the Solomon Power Tendering and Evaluation Policy and Procedures Manual.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment and the Appendixes are attached to this REOI.
6. Application and Submission
Interested eligible firm or consultant can obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8 am to 4:30 pm on business days, Monday to Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 5th November, 2021, Time; 4:30PM Honiara Time.
SIEA Head Office
Attention: Jeremy Maneipuri, General Manager Capital Works (Acting)
P.O. Box 6, Ranadi, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Telephone: +677 42463
Fax: +677 39472