Request for Bids
Design, Supply and Installation
Employer: Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (Solomon Power)
Project: Tanagai Land Development 1MW Solar Farm Project.
Contract title: Design, Supply, installation and commissioning of a Solar Power Plant (Tanagai Site)
Country: Solomon Islands
RFB No: SB-SP-119333-CW-RFB
Issued on: 15 October 2019
- The Employer, Solomon Power (SP), is a State Owned Enterprise (SOE) and is responsible for the supply of electricity in the Solomon Islands.
The Employer requires a grid connected Solar PV generation system to be constructed at the Tanagai Heights land area which includes a future point-of-supply substation to be constructed within the next 5 years.
The generation shall be grid connected inverter based generation, without energy storage, to be constructed including a step up transformer and 11kV switchgear to allow for The Employer to connect a 3 core 11kV cable to the site from an existing nearby substation.
The Tanagai Heights site has some constraint on the useable area and as such it is expected that a system of approximately 1MW (AC) capacity will cover the uneven terrain provided a high efficiency PV module with a power rating greater than 400W per module is used.
- The Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (Solomon Power) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the design, Supply, installation and commissioning of the Tanagai Solar Site, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands. The turnkey process up to the plant operational acceptance will be one year. The proposed generation capacity shall be grid connected inverter based generation, without energy storage, to be constructed including a step up transformer and 11kV switchgear to allow for The Employer to connect a 3 core 11kV cable to the site from an existing nearby substation. The successful Bidder will thereafter be required to provide operation and maintenance support to Solomon Power for a period of 24 months. Only eligible Bidders with key qualifications given below should participate in this bidding process.
- net worth in the last financial year should be positive.
- minimum average annual turnover of US$3,000,000.00 within the last 5 years.
- Cash flow requirements of US$500,000.00.
- participation as contractor, joint venture member, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least two (2) similar contracts within the last three (3) years, each with a value of at least One Million, Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars (US$1.5M), that have been successfully and substantially completed.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in Solomon Power Procurement Policy and Manual (2016), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in Section 5 of the bidding document.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Solomon Power, General Manager Capital Works of CW.Procurement@solomonpower.com.sb/ Hemant.Kumar@solomonpower.com.sb and inspect the bidding document during office hours 0900 to 1600 hours at the address given below.
- The bidding documents in English language may be obtained by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below. The interested bidder will then be provided with a link to the Tender Link from where the bidding documents can be downloaded. The Invitation for Bids (IFB) is available at the website of Solomon Power and Pacific Power Association.
- A compulsory Pre-Bid meeting will take place at the following date, time and place:
Date: 05th November 2019
Time: 10.00Am (Honiara Time)
Place: 1st Floor, Board Room.
And a compulsory site visit conducted by the Employer shall followed after the Pre-Bid meeting
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 10.00am on 26th November, 2019. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 10.15am on 26th November, 2019.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
- The address referred to above is:
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (Solomon Power)
Mr. Hemant Kumar, General Manager Capital Works
1st Floor, Solomon Power, Ranadi Head Office
Telephone number: +677 38801 or +677 7496783
Fax number: +677 39472
E-mail address: hemant.Kumar@solomonpower.com.sb & firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: www.solomonpower.com.sb