REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
FOR CONSULTING (OWNERS ENGINEER) SERVICES
SOLOMON ISLANDS SUSTAINABLE ENERGY PROJECT (SISEP)
Grant number.: H913-SB
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: OWNERS ENGINEER (CONSULTANCY) SERVICES FOR GENERATION
AND NETWORK DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
REFERENCE NO: SP/17/01/C
The Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (SIEA) now trading as Solomon Power (SP), is a vertically integrated state owned enterprise that owns, maintains and operates the national electricity grid in the Solomon Islands.
SP through the Government of Solomon Islands has secured financing from the World Bank for the Solomon Islands Sustainable Energy Project (SISEP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultancy services.
The Owners Engineer will provide technical due diligences on the design, construction, testing and commissioning stages of the Feeder 12 Relocation, Kolaridge 33/11kV Zone Substation, the Ranadi Zone Substation Upgrade and installation of the new 11/33kV 12.5/15MVA Lungga Power Station Transformer Projects.
The Consultancy will also be providing Project Management Services covering the supply, construction and coordination of the activities between SIEA and the Contractor particularly when interfacing the existing and the new systems, switching etc. the testing and commissioning; and all other project requirements as detailed in the Capital Works Requirements documents for the above projects
It is expected that the assignment will take upto 18 months some of which may be done on site and others off site.
Solomon Power now invites eligible consulting firms (hereafter referred to as Consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria for the Consultancy services are:
- At least 10 years’ experience in a leading role on electricity generation, transmission and distribution renewal, refurbishment and development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development and implementation of projects in electricity utilities.
- Demonstrated experience in project management of generation, transmission, distribution projects in greenfield and brown field sites.
- A detailed understanding and working knowledge of generation, transmission and distribution electricity assets.
- The ability to produce reports and undertake design reviews for primary, secondary and control system electricity assets.
- Work experiences in the Pacific Islands Countries and the region.
- Good communication skills and customer focus orientation are also important facets.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications.
The Consultants will be assessed and selected in accordance with the Qualification and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours of 8am to 4.30pm on business days, Monday to Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 10th March 2017