Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power aims to provide a safe, reliable, affordable and accessible supply of electricity to the Solomon Islands. Our vision is about energising our Nation. We are working with our stakeholders towards Nation building through increasing the footprint of the electricity network and making electricity accessible and affordable to more people in the Solomon Islands.
We are looking for committed driven and passionate individuals to join our team in the following roles:
This role reports to the Manager Projects and indirectly reports to the General Manager Capital Works and will be primarily responsible for managing and overseeing the effective and efficient implementation of the projects undertaken by the Capital Works Division.
- Will manage more than one project at any one time
- Have a clear understanding of the project lifecycle process and the requirements to ensure a successful project and actively chase their application
- Work closely with senior project managers to identify opportunities to improve the particular project and assist in implementation;
- Maintain clear lines of communication between key stakeholders of the projects
- Undertake regular inspections of each project’s progress and report as required
- Maximise delivery of project benefits by working closely with project stakeholders to accurately identify and deliver project benefits
- Aim that project is completed within approved budget, covering resource planning, cost estimation, budgeting & controls
- Recognise the importance of being customer focused, supporting & encouraging a culture that values internal & external project customers
- Monitor and act on feedback from customers & focuses on delivering solutions to meet their needs
- Ensures that various project elements are properly co-ordinated including scoping activities, project plan development & execution, acquiring legal & regulatory sign offs & project reporting
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Technical project execution effectiveness
- Effective team supervision, management & leadership
- Thorough project management environment
- Resource management
- Support of organisational strategic direction
Tertiary qualification from a recognized University in Engineering and/or Project Management
At least 2 years’ experience as a project practitioner
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage resources
- Ability to lead, manage and supervise team members
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide mentoring and coaching to peers and other employees
- Sound computer skills & competent in relevant project management applications
- Ability to provide technical advice and inputs
Applications close on 4.30pm Friday 27th April, 2018. Please contact Droumand Rupert on telephone number 39467 or email: Droumand.Rupert@solomonpower.com.sb for the Role Statements. If you are interested, send in your application with your updated CV detailing your qualification, relevant experience and referee details. All applications should be addressed and forwarded to: Senior Manager Human Resources Business Partner, Solomon Power, P O Box 6, HONIARA.
Solomon Power thanks all applicants, however, only those who satisfy the Key Selection Criteria will be screened and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.