Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power aims to provide a safe, reliable, affordable and accessible supply of electricity to the Solomon Islands. Our vision is about energising our Nation. We are working with our stakeholders towards Nation building through increasing the footprint of the electricity network and making electricity accessible and affordable to more people in the Solomon Islands.
Marketing Manager (re-advertised)
Reporting to the General Manager Customer Services, this role is to meet and address needs of Solomon Power’s existing customers; create and implement strategies to attract potential customers and look for new ways and devise new methods to drive growth in customer numbers.
- To drive for results through marketing, brand positioning and external communications
- Responsible for corporate branding and reputation
- Responsible for customer facing activities
- Implementation of group branding policies
- Marketing campaign management
- Responsible for product launches, presentations, market research, media relations, external communications, corporate events and sponsorships
- Management of key stakeholder relations
Key Result Areas:
- Marketing Strategies
- Brand and communications
- Processes and standards
- Marketing and communication campaigns
- Risk management
- Managing resources
- Corporate reporting
- Leadership and management
Having a recognised and relevant tertiary qualification is highly desirable but not mandatory
- At least four years’ of marketing experience
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and be able to communicate (written, verbal) effectively
- Well-developed relationships with key stakeholders and contacts
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and work well under pressure
- Have strong organisational and influencing skills with a record of consistently delivering results
- Proven computer skills and use of Microsoft applications and systems
- Demonstrated experience in managing people and resources including managing budgets
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to work both autonomously, and as a member of a variety of teams
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and translate them into documents and action plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior computer skills and use of applications and systems
- Good interpersonal skills, stakeholder relationship management skills and approach
- Disciplined self-management skills, ability to uphold and role model organisational values
- Ability to lead and manage people
- Able to mentor and coach peers and other employees
- Ability to provide technical advice and inputs
Contact Droumand Rupert on telephone number 39467 or by email (Droumand.Rupert@solomonpower.com.s), for the Role Statement of the position to assist in your application. Your application must include; (i) a covering letter (ii) updated CV detailing your qualifications, relevant work experiences and referee details (iii) certified copies of certificates of your academic qualifications and/or professional trainings.
All applications must be addressed to: Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Solomon Power, P O Box 6, HONIARA. You can submit your application either in hard copy, which can be hand delivered at the Solomon Power Ranadi Office or by soft copy through the restricted email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 4.30pm, on Wednesday 19th December, 2018.
Solomon Power thanks all applicants, and wishes to advice that only those who satisfy the Key Selection Criteria and are shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Therefore we will not be formally replying to all applications.