Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power aims to provide a safe, reliable, affordable and accessible supply of electricity to the Solomon Islands. Our vision is about energising our Nation. We are working with our stakeholders towards Nation building through increasing the footprint of the electricity network and making electricity accessible and affordable to more people in the Solomon Islands.
• Respect for our Customers and our People
• Improvement through Change & Innovation
• Meeting our Service Quality Commitments
• Care for the Environment
• Individual Responsibility for our Actions
• Honesty and Trust
Solomon Power is an Equal Opportunity employer and we base all recruitment decisions on merit. To thrive in the Solomon Power work culture and environment, learning to work as a team is vital. Teams within Solomon Power are comprised of individuals from various ethnicity, religious backgrounds, sexual orientation and gender. It is thus critical that individuals joining our Team are open-minded, respectful of human dignity and share our desire to see everyone prosper and grow professionally.
Health & Safety
Solomon Power Safety Commitment is to have zero accidents, injuries and occupational illnesses. We support this commitment by ensuring that safety is our priority. All accidents are preventable. To work safely is part of your employment, so do not take shortcuts, and or accept unsafe behavior. Solomon Power expects personal accountability for safety from everyone.
Senior Legal Officer
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority trading as Solomon Power invites applications from qualified individuals for Senior Legal Officer. The Senior Legal Officer will provide expert commercially focused legal advice to the Company and its senior managers on major agreements, strategic regulatory issues and other significant issues, which form basis of Solomon Power’s operation and performance.
The role reports to Manager Legal and Contract Services, Solomon Power. It is a full-time role and the incumbent will:
- Provide accurate and updated advice to ensure SIEA meets its legal and contractual obligations
- Contract Management ensured
- Leadership and Management
- Advice, Support and Training ensured
- A healthy, safe and OHS compliant workplace is ensured
- Environmental Management is supported and promoted
- Organizational values promoted and demonstrated at all times
Qualification: Degree in Law
- Appropriate legal tertiary qualifications (e.g., contract law, corporate law)
- Significant practical legal experience in a commercial discipline
- Ability to represent Solomon Power in civil litigation including appearing as an officer in court proceedings.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high level, commercially focused, legal advice on key business issues
- Proven experience in the creation and management of high value contracts
- Proven interpersonal skills and excellent business acumen skills
- Experience in negotiating and finalizing contracts for design and construct contracts
- Knowledge of and total commitment to ethical tendering practices
- Ability to work both autonomously, and as a member of a variety of teams
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and translate them into documents and action plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of information technology; experience with contemporary management information systems
How to Apply:
To apply for the Senior Legal Officer: go to https://app.hrmonise.com/job/solomon-power/senior-legal-officer and click on the Link to apply Online.
Complete all parts of the Application form online. Upload a Cover letter, upload your CV and must include names and contact details for two (2) referees. Attach Certified Transcripts, Qualification Certificates and other relevant documents.
Addressed Application to:
Chief Executive Officer
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority
P.O. Box 6
Applications to be received by 4.00 PM, Solomon Islands time, Tuesday 14 September 2021.
Details of “Role Statement” (RS) for the role can be downloaded from the above link and also from Solomon Power’s Corporate
Services Division via Recruitment email address: firstname.lastname@example.org