Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power aims to provide a safe, reliable, affordable and accessible supply of electricity to the Solomon Islands. Our vision is about energising our Nation. We are working with our stakeholders towards Nation building through increasing the footprint of the electricity network and making electricity accessible and affordable to more people in the Solomon Islands.
Reporting to the Mechanical Services Team Leader, the primary objective of the Mechanical Fitter is to ensure the effective and efficient operation and maintenance of plant and equipment in the Power Station.
Key Result Areas:
- Effective operation and maintenance of plant and equipment in the Power Station
- Organisational Values are upheld at all times
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Mechanical Heavy Plant) from a recognised institution
- At least 3 – 5 years as a Senior engineer in a relevant field
- Understand and address the potential impact of errors and omissions in your own work
- Ability to anticipate and devise solutions to meet the customers’ requirements
- Maintain appropriate working relationships with service users and other important stakeholders
- Can comply with the laws, policies and procedures relating to your work
- Ability to select a solution to a defined problem or issue using established technical solutions
- Contribute to the team improving team effectiveness through personal commitment
- Operate specialised equipment and plant ensuring operational efficiency.
- Ability to respond to equipment malfunctions, checking and adjusting to ensure equipment is fully operational prior to resuse
- Consider the environmental impact by organizing the personal workspace to reduce the likelihood of an incident and to reduce wastage
- Minimise accidents by organising the personal work space to reduce the likelihood of an accident or incident
- Accountable, detail oriented punctuality, resilient, team oriented, objective, realistic, flexible/adaptable and well organized.
ASSISTANT ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer, the primary objective of the Assistant Electrical Engineer is to support the Electrical Engineering team in the effective and efficient delivery of its key department outcomes/goals.
Key Result Areas:
- Technical effectiveness
- Provide technical expertise
- Deliver accurate and timely reports
- Advice, Support and Training
- Customer Service
- Support of organizational strategic direction
- Bbachelor of Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Technology (Electrical). Applicants with Advanced Diploma or Trade Certificate in Electrical Engineering with good industrial experience may also be considered.
Skills and Experiences:
- Appreciation and knowledge of safety policies, procedures and requirements
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Good teamwork & interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving and analytical skills
- Results oriented and ability to deliver outcomes under pressure and difficult circumstances
- Strong stakeholder management & customer services skills
- Knowledge of electrical systems, generator controls and ancillary equipment
- Working knowledge of AS/NZS3000 wiring rules and LV wiring
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office software
- Have a valid Driver’s License
Accountable, detail oriented punctuality, resilient, team oriented, objective, realistic, flexible/adaptable and well organized.
Please contact Droumand Rupert on telephone number 39467 or by email (Droumand.Rupert@solomonpower.com.sb), for the Role Statements of these positions to assist in your applications. Your application must include; (i) a covering letter (ii) updated CV detailing your qualifications, relevant work experiences and referee details (iii) certified copies of certificates of your academic qualifications and/or professional trainings.
All applications must be addressed to: Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Solomon Power, P O Box 6, HONIARA. You can submit your application either in hard copy, which can be hand delivered at the Solomon Power Ranadi Office or by soft copy through the restricted email: email@example.com. Applications close at 4.30pm, on Friday 26th October, 2018.
Solomon Power thanks all applicants, and wishes to advice that only those who satisfy the Key Selection Criteria and are shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Therefore we will not be formally replying to all applications.