Network Support Engineer
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority trading as Solomon Power invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Network Support Engineer.
Carrying out new installations, upgrades, maintenance, and having a focus on continuous improvement is key to provide a reliable and productive ICT infrastructure. Reporting to IT Network and System Administrator, the Network Support Engineer will responsible for the implementation and operation of the network infrastructure within and between sites, monitoring, and associated applications that are required at Solomon Power.
It is a two year fixed term role and the incumbent will:
- Provides support on ICT network infrastructure through efficient management and support of the ICT infrastructure and the delivery of projects
- Effective ICT facilitation of security measures
- A healthy, safe, and OHS compliant Solomon Power
- Environmental Protection is Prioritized at all Times
- Solomon Power positive image enhanced and values demonstrated at all times
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in computing sciences or related information technology studies with a network engineering focus.
- At least 2 years experience in network and or systems support in a production enterprise environment
- Experience with most and in-depth knowledge in some of: Cisco, MitroTik, and Meraki networking enterprise environments. Wireless radio technologies and its application(s) in networking infrastructure Security technologies and their applications: IPsec, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of: OSPF, EIGRP, spanning-tree protocols, DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc QoS for LAN and WAN environment Fiber optic technology and its application in communication Structured cabling systems and design Enterprise datacenter infrastructure including safety, power, cooling systems, security.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT
How to Apply:
To apply for the Network Support Engineer role in Honiara go to link https://app.hrmonise.com/job/solomon-power/network-support-engineer and click on the Link to apply Online.
Complete all parts of the Application form online. Upload a Cover letter, upload your CV, and must include names and contact details for two (2) referees. Attach Certified Transcripts, Qualification Certificates and other relevant documents.
Addressed Application to:
Chief Executive Officer
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority
P.O. Box 6
Applications to be received by 4.00 pm, Solomon Islands time, Thursday 15 July 2021.
Details of “Role Statement” (RS) for the role can be downloaded from the above link and also from Solomon Power’s Corporate Services Division via Recruitment email address: email@example.com