Request for Bids Plant
Design, Supply and Installation
Employer: Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (Solomon Power)
Project: Electricity Access and Renewable Energy Expansion Project
Contract title: Design, Supply and installation for 2x Solar Power Plant and Supply of Distribution Network Materials
Country: Solomon Islands
Credit No.: IDA-D3270
RFB No: SB-SP-119333-CW-RFB
Issued on: 16 September 2019
- The Ministry of Finance & Treasury has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Electricity Access and Renewable Energy Expansion Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Design, Supply and installation for 2x Solar Power Plant and Supply of Distribution Network Materials. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing, and the “Additional Instructions: Disbursement” for this project, except for those payments which the contract provides to be made through letter of credit.
- The Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (Solomon Power) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Design, Supply and installation for 2x Solar Power Plant and Supply of Distribution Network Materials at:
i. Visale, West Guadalcanal, Guadalcanal Province, Solomon Islands and;
ii. Tingoa, West Rennell, Rennell and Bellona Province, Solomon Islands.
The turnkey process up to the plant operational acceptance will be one year (12 months). The plants will be PV/battery/diesel hybrid generation power plants. The successful Bidder will thereafter be required to provide operation and maintenance support to Solomon Power for a period of 12 months. The scope of the bid also includes the supply of distribution equipment only but the responsibility for its installation is with Solomon Power. Only eligible Bidders with key qualifications given below should participate in this bidding process.
- net worth in the last financial year should be positive.
- minimum average annual turnover of US$2,400,000.00 within the last 3 years.
- Cash flow requirements of US$300,000.00.
- participation as contractor, joint venture member, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least two (2) similar contracts within the last three (3) years, with a combined value of at least One Million, Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars (US$1.5M), that have been successfully and substantially completed.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, Revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Solomon Power, General Manager Capital Works at Hemant.Kumar@solomonpower.com.sb and CW.Procurement@solomonpower.com.sb. The bidding documents in English language may be obtained by interested eligible Bidders upon registering at the Tenderlink URL as follows: https://www.tenderlink.com/solomonpower/. The Invitation for Bids (IFB) is also available at the Solomon Power and Pacific Power Association websites.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 10.00am (Honiara time) on 31 October 2019. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 10.15am (Honiara time) on 31 October 2019.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address referred to above is:
Mr. Hemant Kumar, General Manager Capital Works
1st Floor, Solomon Power, Ranadi Head Office
Telephone number: +677 38801 or +677 7496783
Fax number: +677 39472
E–mail address: hemant.Kumar@solomonpower.com.sb & firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: www.solomonpower.com.sb