Date: 18th August 2017
Loan/Grant No. and Title: Grant 0514-0515-SOL: Solar Power Development Project
Contract No. and Title: SPD-0417-Solomon Islands Solar Power Development Project
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 18th October 2017 12 PM (Honiara Time)
- The Government of Solomon Islands has received ﬁnancing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Five Solar Hybrid Power Plants. Part of this ﬁnancing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB and countries that have not been prohibited by United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. In addition only eligible Bidders with key qualifications given below should participate in this bidding.
- Net worth in the last financial year should be positive;
- Minimum average annual turnover of US$ 10,000,000 within last three years;
- At least two similar contracts should have been successfully or substantially completed within the last three (3) years and the value of the Bidder’s participation should exceed US$ 9,000,000;
- Ability of financial resources to meet the total requirement of US$ 1,600,000 after meeting its current contract commitments;
- A minimum experience of three (3) years’ experience in (i) design, supply, installation and O&M of Solar and Diesel hybrid power plants, with at least two (2) such plants with not less than 150kVA output in the Pacific region and (ii) design, construction and commissioning of Step-up 415V/11kV or step down 33/11 kV substation and having completed five such projects.
- Solomon Power (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of Solar PV-Diesel Hybrid Power Plants along with Storage batteries on a turnkey basis at Kirakira, Lata, Malu’u, Munda and Tulagi of Solomon Islands. The Bidders will be required to provide support to Solomon Power for ongoing operation and maintenance of the plant for a period of 12 months. The scope of the bid also includes the supply of distribution equipment only but the responsibility for its installation is with Solomon Power. All listed subprojects in 5 Islands (for the indicated scope of work) will be carried out under a single responsibility contract and bidders must bid for all five (5) subprojects.
- International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage: Two Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in section 5 of the Bidding Document.
- To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
Mr. Hemant Kumar
2nd Floor, Solomon Power, Ranadi Head Office
Telephone number: +677 38801 or +677 7496783
E-mail address: Solar.Hybrid@solomonpower.com.sb
Fax number: +677 39472
Web Page: www.solomonpower.com.sb
- To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible Bidders can write to the address above requesting the Bidding Documents for -“ SPD-0417-Solomon Islands Solar Power Development Project”. The Invitation for Bids (IFB) is available at the website of ADB but the complete bidding documents will be provided by Solomon Power. On written request Solomon Power will provide the link to the Drop Box from where the bidding documents can be loaded.
- Deliver your bid in hard copies to the address above on or before the deadline: 18th October 2017, 12 PM together with a Bid-Securing Declaration as described in the Bidding Document.
- Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
SOLOMON POWER issues a Request for Proposal (“RFP”) for Provision of Freight Forwarding Services.
The RFP Document is available with Mr. Joseph Diau, Procurement Manager, on telephone 38842 or email Joseph.Diau@solomonpower.com.sb Submissions must be in the format specified in the RFP Document.
Interested parties are to submit a written proposal in a sealed envelope marked:
“FREIGHT FORWARDING SERVICES – RFP No: SP-FIN-0817”
The Chief Executive Officer
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power
P O Box 6 Ranadi, Honiara, Guadalcanal
And delivered to:
SIEA trading as Solomon Power
Headquarters, Ranadi, Honiara,
Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands
Closing date is Friday 15th September 2017 12.00pm Solomon Islands Time
A Public Opening of the tender box will occur on the 15th September 2017 at 12.30pm-Solomon Islands Time at Solomon Power’s Ranadi Headquarters.
Any submissions received after 12.00 mid-day 15th September 2017 or in the incorrect format will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest.