PROJECT MANAGER, SOLOMON POWER
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority trading as Solomon Power invites applications from qualified individuals for our Project Manager role. The Project Manager (PM) is assigned Solomon Power projects at any one time with these projects being managed concurrently and PM is responsible for the operational management of these assigned projects and initiatives where these projects will range from small, medium to large projects with various levels of value, risk and complexity. The incumbent will be assigned a project or projects and will be primarily responsible for the efficient and effective management and delivery of the of an assigned project as per the Capital Works Annual Plan (the Plan) through the Solomon Power Project Manual.
The role reports to Manager Projects, Solomon Power. It is a full-time role and the incumbent will:
- Effectively manage more than one project at any one time ensured
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the project lifecycle process and the requirements ensured for a successful project and actively chasing of application
- Work closely with senior project managers to identify opportunities to improve the particular project and assist in implementation.
- Maintain clear lines of communication between key stakeholders of the projects.
- Undertake regular inspections of each projects progress and report as required.
- Maximize delivery of project benefits by working closely with project stakeholders to identify and deliver project benefits accurately
- Aim that project is completed within the approved budget, covering resource planning, cost estimation, budget & controls.
- Ensures that various project elements are properly coordinated including scoping activities, project plan development & execution, acquiring legal ®ulatory signs offs & project reporting.
- Recognize the importance of being customer-focused, supporting & encouraging a culture that values internal &external project customers.
- Monitor and act on feedback from customers & focus on delivering solutions to meet their needs.
- Qualification: Engineering Degree in Electrical.
- Professional experience: At least 3 – 4 years demonstrated experience in the Project Management delivering projects for electricity utilities; electricity utility working experience or similar environments. Good demonstrated skills in written and oral communication; demonstrated experience to deliver outcomes within tight timeframes.
- Skills: Superior communications skills, verbal and writing – putting together complex documents, writing reports and instructions, providing feedback, communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders; ability to manage resources, doing budgets, managing spend against budges, reporting and managing variances; ability to provide sound technical advice and inputs; a clear understanding of the project lifecycle process and the requirements to ensure the delivery of successful projects and actively drive projects to successful completion; sound computer skills; competent in relevant project management applications; and a team player.
- Desirable attributes: Electrical Engineering degree with experience in Electrical Utility industry.
Applications close at 4.00pm, Solomon Islands time, Friday 18th September 2020.
“Role Statement” (RS) for the role can be obtained from Solomon Power’s Corporate Services Division via Recruitment email address:
Applications must include a cover letter and a clearly outlined CV that must include names and contact details for two (2) referees. Addressed Application to:
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority
P.O. Box 6
Attention: Manager Human Resources and LearningYou can send in your application pack to include your CV and details of 2 referees to restricted email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, to be received by 4.00pm, Solomon Islands time, Friday 18th September 2020.