CHAIRMAN OF SOLOMON POWER BOARD – CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The term of six (6) existing directors has already expired.
As required by the State Owned Enterprises (SOE) Act of 2007 and the 2010 Regulations, the Chairman of the Board of the Solomon Islands Electricity Authority(SIEA), trading as Solomon Power (SP), hereby calls for Expressions of Interest from those persons who wish to be considered for the position of Director of the Board of SIEA. In total there are six (6) vacancies which will need to be filled up.
SIEA is an autonomous, Government-owned statutory authority (State Owned Enterprise), which is responsible for the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity in the Solomon Islands.
Over 2012-2018 a significant improvement in the commercial and technical sustainability of SP has been achieved. Reliability of electricity has improved drastically in Honiara and at the Outstations. The organisation has already entered a phase to achieve newer and greater heights.
SIEA is going Green. We commissioned two new solar and battery hybrid outstations at Seghe and Taro in 2017. In 2016 we commissioned the 150 kW mini-hydro at Buala and the 1 MW solar farm at Henderson. There are many more renewable energy projects for Guadalcanal and the outer islands on the table and very soon we will be signing contracts for their installation and commissioning. All these will deliver economic growth in Solomon Islands and reduce our reliance on diesel.
SIEA has also embarked on an ambitious plan to increase electricity accessibility to more Solomon Islanders in not just Honiara and other urban centres, but also at other outer islands and rural locations, and to improve affordability. SP is all about Nation Building.
SIEA is seeking candidates who have recent or/and relevant qualifications and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Appropriate higher education qualifications preferably tertiary in Engineering, Economics, Business Management, Finance or Law
- Recent directorship and experience in public, private and/or SOEs together with a good understanding of the Electricity Act 1969, SOE Act 2007 and their associated regulations
- Good financial and commercial abilities in any large and successful private organisation
- Demonstrated experience in corporate strategic planning and business management
- Strong proven corporate governance and risk management experience
Those interested should acquaint themselves with the requirements of the SOE Act and its related Regulation and submit an application plus recent CV to:
P O Box 6, Ranadi
Or Email: email@example.com
Applications close on 08 October 2018
GENERAL MANAGER CORPORATE SERVICES
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (SIEA) trading as Solomon Power (“Solomon Power”) is advertising for its General Manager Corporate Services role and seek applications from qualified candidates.
Solomon Power is a vertically integrated state owned enterprise that owns, maintains & operates the Solomon Islands national electricity grid. We are going through transformational change with a robust SBD$1billion capital infrastructure development & network expansion program.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position of General Manager Corporate Services is responsible for leading the Corporate Services division of Solomon Power, is a member of Solomon Power’s executive team and plays a lead role in corporate planning, policy setting and execution; decision making and cultivating the appropriate corporate culture. Success in this role depends on these key outcomes being achieved:
- Contribution to Solomon Power’s strategic goals, from planning to implementation activities
- Leadership of the Corporate Services division
- Strategic human resources management
- Business performance and risk management
- Fully compliant Corporate Services division
- Occupational health and safety leadership
- Management of resources including fleet, lands and buildings of Solomon Power
- Maintaining a high standard of service quality
- Fostering operations through teamwork and cooperation
The key result areas for the role are (1) effective management (2) strategic human resources management (3) leadership (4) change leader (5) resource management (6) risk management (7) compliance (8) operations management (9) service quality (10) organisational values and standards.
The ideal candidate must have a tertiary qualification in human resources management, administration or equivalent; with a post graduate qualification in management as desirable. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate having a broad leadership and strategic management experience with a proven record of managing business objectives, goals and priorities at a senior management level to advance business performance, growth, innovation; managing and partnering with key stakeholders including employee representatives; proven experience with negotiations and agreement writing; superior technical competence in one of the leading service provisions (Human Resources, Business Performance, Legal and Contracts, Administration) and leading and managing a diverse base of service providers. The person must also demonstrate experience and ability to establish, manage, motivate, train and develop an effective team and team members, with an appreciation of leading diverse employee demographics and with the appropriate cultural sensitivities.
Applications will close at the end of the business day, Friday 28th September 2018. Applications are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power, PO Box 6, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
Your application must have the following:
- A cover letter with your contact details including your email address & phone/mobile number
- A copy of your current CV setting out your professional qualifications & experience & contact details of at least two (2) professional referees. Your professional referees will not be contacted until the final stage of the process, only after you have been informed that we are to proceed with this step & with your permission.
- A separate statement addressing the ten (10) key result areas (KRAs) stated above, in the same order, succinctly addressing your accomplishments & experience for each KRA; this must be attached to the application.
You may also send a soft copy of your application to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
For a copy of the Role Statement, please contact Lucy Piko on email address: Lucy.Piko@solomonpower.com.sb. For any further information on the role and/or clarification on the Role Statement you are welcome to contact Arieta Cama on email address: Arieta.Cama@solomonpower.com.sb.
Solomon Power thanks all applicants in advance for your interest in this role, Solomon Power will only contact the shortlisted candidates and we aim to do this by Friday 05th October 2018.