MANAGER GENERATION & OUTSTATIONS – Re-advertised
Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (SIEA) trading as Solomon Power (“Solomon Power”) is re-advertising for its Manager Generation & Outstations role and seek applications from qualified candidates.
Solomon Power is a vertically integrated state owned enterprise that owns, maintains & operates the Solomon Islands national electricity grid. We’re going through transformational change with a robust SBD$1billion capital infrastructure development & network expansion.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the position of Manager Generation & Outstations is responsible for leading, managing & supervising the Generation & Outstations teams; which comprise the main Power Stations in Lungga & Honiara and at the Outstations. The key objectives include:
- Effective leadership and management of the Generation & Outstation teams
- Creation & implementation of plans & procedures for maintenance & operation of all generation plants and equipment in Honiara and at the Outstations; maintaining stocks of supplies and equipment, their procurement including parts and materials for the major overhauls and other planned maintenance for Honiara and Outstations generation plants; plans for diesel fuel quality control and maintenance of all fuel tanks in Honiara and at the Outstations; plans for the ongoing upkeep of the Cooling systems at Lungga and Honiara Power Stations; planning for efficient and effective responses to business needs including responding to breakdowns, diagnosing faults, repairing equipment; obtaining specialist components, fixtures and fittings; drawing up and managing budgets; maintaining & reporting statistical and financial records; and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Use of the Carl Maintenance Management System by the Generation & Outstations department for all maintenances, inspections, testings and refurbishments of all generation assets
- Provision of inputs to the Capital Works Division for the 5 years and 10 years maintenance planning to ensure it is included in the organisation’s spend plan and justification for approval of the plan by the Board
- Support to the Standards Team to ensure equipment standards are maintained
The key result areas are (1) management of technical effectiveness (2) operational management (3) leadership (4) effective resource management (5) strategic direction (6) risk management & (7) compliance.
The ideal candidate must have a tertiary qualification in the Electrical &/or Mechanical engineering disciplines & must have at least 10 years’ relevant industry experience. He/She must have sound experience and capability to identify, develop and oversee implementation of engineering solutions to achieve strategic objectives.
Applications will close at the end of the business day, 21st September 2018. Applications are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power, P O Box 6, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
Your application must have the following:
- A covering letter with your contact details including your email address & phone/mobile number
- A copy of your current CV setting out your professional qualifications & experience & contact details of at least two (2) professional referees. Your professional referees will not be contacted until the final stage of the process, only after you have been informed that we are to proceed with this step & with your permission
- A separate statement addressing the seven (7) key result areas (KRAs) stated above, in the same order, succinctly addressing your accomplishments & experience for each KRA; must be attached to the application
Please send the soft copy of your application to the email address: email@example.com
For more information & a copy of the Role Statement, please contact Droumand Rupert on email address firstname.lastname@example.org.